Crash at start up?

Abi2sweet
Go to solution Solved by Abi2sweet,

Hi! I love this game but the other day my pc turned off due to a power outage mid game. Now every time I launch it crashes on validating server or the other black screen loading messages. I cant even get into the main menu. Ive tried re installing the game but no dice. As well as running as admin. Any Ideas? Ive added my crash report at the bottom.

{ TimeGenerated = 3/11/2024 11:54:44 AM, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Faulting application name: Vintagestory.exe, version: 1.19.4.0, time stamp: 0x65310000
Faulting module name: nvoglv64.dll, version: 31.0.15.4617, time stamp: 0x654d44ed
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000f69625
Faulting process id: 0x1a4c
Faulting application start time: 0x01da73cc6994f891
Faulting application path: C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_1fea8972dc2f0a69\nvoglv64.dll
Report Id: f9fb5718-db37-4151-8def-effa0aa3204b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:  }

I don't know what's wrong, but note that for a clean reinstall, there are two folders that hold game data. Not just one.

One is the game's installation path, which you probably deleted in order to reinstall.

The other is %appdata%\vintagestorydata, where the game stores all the things that are unique to you as a player. In other words, your savegames, your personal modset (if any), and your configs and settings.

I think the authentication session is referenced somewhere in clientsettings.json. If it crashes during authentication, it's worth a try to delete that file (as well as the .bkp file of the same name). It will get recreated automatically the next time you start the client.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.