Simple Trader Note Mechanism

Alan Blue

Imagine you have the trader's trade screen up and writing materials.

I'd really like the action of clicking on (say) "Spelt Bread in stacks of 8, demand 4" and getting a note directly that says exactly that recorded in my records. Or the log. Or anywhere.

"Otto the Survival Trader at 123, 110, -33329 requests four lots of Spelt bread in stacks of 8 with in the next 3 days". 

Even the simplest "Spelt" would be handy. 

You arrive at a trader, and find that he wants something specific - that you don't have with you. You can't buy any or sell any. 

So, I want to basically "Give myself a mini-quest to go make this thing". I don't *have* the bread. I'm looking for some mechanism to do a fast-and-easy "Take a note" so that after I've dodged polar bears and trekked through the catacombs back to home base, (and saved the game, spent a week with other things, and come back), I know what the heck I was doing.

Ok, I'm standing here in the woods with a stack of spelt bread. Why? ... Oh, trade probably. Which trader? ...

Yes, I have game-external tools to do that. Yes, I can do it in game with the regular writing. But a "Take a note" button, or toggle, something, would make the in-game immersivity and usefulness better, imo.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.