The Assembler ('Transmute' Jonas Parts)

ifoz

There is a piece of clutter called the "ruined assembler" and this got me thinking.
What could a functional assembler be used for?

You would make the assembler with things like brass, metal parts and iron, gating it behind the iron age.

Initially I just thought of an auto-crafter, but quickly realised that this would be massively game-breaking and encourage people to set up really grindy and un-fun auto-crafting farms, essentially encouraging the min-maxing of crafting, which I do not view as a good thing.

So then I got to thinking, the assembler looks like a lens with a reflective plate. Perhaps it could be used like a magnifying glass, and be used to craft small and finicky things.
This led me to my eventual idea of a functional assembler being able to 'transmute' Jonas parts.

You would put in any Jonas part, some metal parts, a cupronickel ingot and maybe a temporal gear, and be able to turn a Jonas part into any other Jonas part.
This way, with the right resources, you could get that last Jonas part you've been needing, without having to rely solely on RNG.

What does everyone else think of this idea? :) 

image.thumb.png.b68ba467a1c9788050d3c69ccf7a014c.png
The ruined assembler as it appears in-game.

Edited by ifoz
  • Like 1
  • Amazing! 2

• ifoz changed the title to The Assembler ('Transmute' Jonas Parts)

I really like this idea! I've been thinking on ways to acquire more Jonas parts here lately, and while I don't mind them being difficult to acquire, it's a little frustrating sometimes to be entirely at the mercy of RNG(especially if I want to build multiple of a specific thing for some reason). The initial idea I had was that maybe we could later meet Jonas Falx(or some other important NPC), and complete quests in return for parts, if not buy them outright. However, I like your idea much better since it doesn't turn a potentially important NPC into a glorified vending machine.

On 4/23/2024 at 9:13 PM, ifoz said:

So then I got to thinking, the assembler looks like a lens with a reflective plate. Perhaps it could be used like a magnifying glass, and be used to craft small and finicky things.
This led me to my eventual idea of a functional assembler being able to 'transmute' Jonas parts.

I think you could also use the machine for more than just the creation of Jonas parts. If I recall correctly, gem cutting was on the development roadmap. The assembler could also be used to cut gemstones and create jewelry. Maybe even socket gemstones into pieces of equipment?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, LadyWYT said:

I think you could also use the machine for more than just the creation of Jonas parts. If I recall correctly, gem cutting was on the development roadmap. The assembler could also be used to cut gemstones and create jewelry. Maybe even socket gemstones into pieces of equipment?

Thanks for the kind words! :) 
Also using the assembler for gem cutting sounds really cool, it would be cool to see this thing get more than just a use making Jonas parts. Have it useful for creating all sorts of finicky things, making it tie in to even more gameplay aspects.

Edited by ifoz
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.