Remove drifter butchering?

Lollard

Would the game be better if drifters dropped items on death instead of needing to be butchered? I think so.

You can slay dozens of them in high activity nights and temporal storms, and having to pause for several seconds to butcher each corpse adds a good amount of chore into the game, especially since most of them won't drop anything anyway.

Then may aswell make every creature just drop its loot since its "too bothersome" to decide to make the effort to collect loot on the off chance it has the shiny item... its a thing you choose to do, you don't have to loot them.

9 hours ago, ArgentLuna said:

Then may aswell make every creature just drop its loot since its "too bothersome" to decide to make the effort to collect loot on the off chance it has the shiny item... its a thing you choose to do, you don't have to loot them.

I don't mind butchering animals because I'm not killing 20 of them a minute while their corpses litter my base. Drifters are a special case because of the sheer amount the game constantly throws at you, it pushes the butchering mechanic past the limit and it becomes a plain chore that brings the game to a halt.

2 hours ago, Lollard said:

I don't mind butchering animals because I'm not killing 20 of them a minute while their corpses litter my base. Drifters are a special case because of the sheer amount the game constantly throws at you, it pushes the butchering mechanic past the limit and it becomes a plain chore that brings the game to a halt.

Why change it for one because you are tired of doing it over anything else, don't want to loot them all then don't or don't kill them all. Its a choice your making and either way and not a game changing issue in need of altering. As above use a mod. 

Edited by ArgentLuna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.