Hosting multiplayer game (non dedicated server) from main menu problems

Varenvel

Me and my friends were trying in 1.18 and we had problems hosting , despite forwarding supposed ports and putting exceptions in firewall we could not connect to each other

i figured we might take another stab and wanted to ask if maybe there is something i missed (since last time i used guides rather then ask) , what should i do and know about hosting non dedicated server on VS?

Make sure that you are using the right IP address. If you are hosting on the internet, make sure that you give your friends the internet IP address that the game shows you in the pause screen, not your local network IP.
Make sure that all of your friends and yourself let Vintage Story.exe through your firewalls. You can check this in Windows Defender if you are playing on Windows.

Other than that, I don't really know what further advice I can offer. I hope that this helps! :D 

If you did this:

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php/Setting_up_a_Multiplayer_Server

and it didn't work for you, I' got nothing. I rarely set up any MP games. Either my IT guy does it, or my son does it, but the few times I've done so, that worked for me. If you have specific questions, I could forward it on to them, or you might be better off asking on the discord.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.