Smithing waste

Booker42

I would be interested in getting bits of metal back when you strike off the voxels when smithing or even a chance of getting some back. I can't see why you can't remelt them for future use.

That being said I would like to also be able to melt/breakdown the silver, gold, and brass jewelry that you can find. 

• Like 1

There's a mod for at least the first of that. Anvil Metal Recovery, I think it's called. Felt a little cheaty to me, so I tried it a few times then quit using it. But I think it was that broken tools gave back some bits that could be exploited that bothered me, not the ones you strike off on the anvil.

The rest I would think would be fairly easy to add. Just a recipe to put it in the crafting grid with a chisel and an appropriate number of bits comes out. There are a lot of mods just add a recipe or two you can use as a guide. Turning planks or firewood to sticks is probably straightforward. You just add the recipe on your machine, test it, then use ModBuilder or whatever he called it to bundle your mod. It's all on the Wiki.

If you decide to make one, remember the copper arrowheads and other stuff that comes from panning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.