Make the Warm Robe Actually Warm

ifoz

A super simple solution, but the Warm Robe doesn't really live up to it's name. It's only +2 degrees like any other coat, when it requires both fabric and a hide to be crafted.
I think it should at least be +3 degrees. +4 is too much and makes the reindeer herder set redundant.
This would make it a viable competitor to the fur coat, which holds the current major winter clothing monopoly.

On another note, the woolen shirt should probably be +2.5 or something around that. It's only +2 despite being lined with wool.

Edited by ifoz
  • Like 3

As I think of those descriptors I would say that the fur coat should be more insulating than a warm robe - dramatically so; but that also depends on what one thinks the robe is made of.  I'm thinking of my wife's fluffy bath robe that is certainly warm inside and capable of keeping the chill off in a run to the mailbox and back on a cold wintery day; but it ain't gonna keep her from freezing to death if she decides to dig a ditch in the middle of winter either.

And a woolen shirt may not be nearly as effective as a fur coat if it is just a shirt made of thin wool rather than thick wool (which seems to be the case).

3 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

As I think of those descriptors I would say that the fur coat should be more insulating than a warm robe - dramatically so; but that also depends on what one thinks the robe is made of.

I agree, I think that the fur coat should definitely be warmer, though I would like to see the robe eek out an extra 0.5 degrees over other coat/mantle/robe/jacket items. (The ones that go over your shirt). It's made with both cloth and a raw hide, so I think it should probably be around 0.5 warmer than the average jacket.

3 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

And a woolen shirt may not be nearly as effective as a fur coat if it is just a shirt made of thin wool rather than thick wool (which seems to be the case).

I agree to this too. I just think that maybe the woolen shirt should be +2.5 instead of the base +2 degrees, as something like the tattered crimson tunic still has a warmth of +2 degrees, and it's both torn up and short sleeve. 😅

By the way, do you have any thoughts on the Malefactor heavy cloak? It's only +0.5 degrees despite every other shoulder item being at least +1 degrees, at least to my knowledge. This is also despite it having a scarf that comes with it. Is this for balance reasons since the Malefactor starts the game with the most clothing compared to other classes?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.