No sea animals (modded)

Since a couple times, i play with different mods, but no luck finding underwater animals. Before, i was finding fish in every single little pond, but now i downloaded a couple more mods (including fauna of the stone age (sirenia) and a couple other fish mods) and i cannot find any single fish. Which mod could cause this bug ? How do i fix that ? Or is it from a vanilla vintage story update ? What do i do ?

I suspect primitive survival would do something about this, but no luck finding any mention of this issue so far ...

1 hour ago, ArthoPleura said:

I suspect primitive survival would do something about this, but no luck finding any mention of this issue so far ...

It's been a while since I've used Primitive Survival, but assuming no changes since I played: I do believe the fish from that mod only spawn as loot for fish traps and fishing lines, and not as actual entities.

1 hour ago, ArthoPleura said:

Which mod could cause this bug ? How do i fix that ? Or is it from a vanilla vintage story update ? What do i do ?

Are there a lot of other creatures nearby? If I'm recalling correctly, only a certain number of mobs can be spawned in an area at one time, although the limit is rather generous. And given my past experience with mods that add more creatures, the new creatures tend to spawn with less frequency and in fewer numbers than the vanilla ones, though this is not always the case.

I'd say just be patient and keep looking, especially in larger, deeper bodies of water or warmer climates(in the case of the manatees). You could also check the mod configs and increase the spawn chance if you're still not seeing them with the frequency you desire.

Here's a teaser pic from last week... they are working on a lot of exciting stuff for the next big update (1.20) 

Would recommend following the dev-log on the official Discord, as they release teasers to upcoming additions and what they are currently working on quite regularly 😉

2024-07-02_22-19-15.png

Edited by xXx_Ape_xXx
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.