Ghost Story

ifoz

trees.png.fea54886f1eddecb24c577d080c38722.png

I decided to start a new singleplayer world today for a bit of fun.
I thought that I would set starting climate to 'hot' and see what life was like down in the tropics.

Everything was normal to begin with. I did the usual survival chores - weaving baskets, making a stone hoe to gather a lot of wild flax to make linen sacks, firing pottery and the beginnings of working on a base.
This was until I went in search of surface copper nuggets.

Only a couple of minutes in to my search, I noticed these trees (pictured). Completely stripped of all leaves in a rather unnatural fashion. Suddenly, a sandstorm blew in and begun to obscure my vision. It may have just been particles, but I could swear that for a split second, I had seen something move out there.
I decided to venture into the storm. Perhaps it was a wild boar or hyena, just waiting for me to test out the new copper Falx that I had found in a cracked vessel.

The storm grew in intensity the further I walked into it. It got the the point where I could only see a couple of blocks in front of my character.
As I peered into the distance, trying to spot the elusive animal that I had seen earlier, I saw something.
Were those.. Eyes? I couldn't exactly tell considering the sandstorm at this point had rendered me all but blind, but I almost certainly saw two glowing objects through the fog.

I chased after it, and as I began to get closer, more of it's form came into view. The storm hindered my vision, but I could just make out the shape of a player facing me. They were in the commoner set, except they were also wearing the rotwalker mask, it's white eyes glowing brightly.
I tried approaching them, but my game crashed. When I logged back in, the storm had stopped and there was nothing there.

This certainly wasn't vanilla behaviour, but when I checked my mod list later, there was nothing out of the ordinary. I wasn't in multiplayer or LAN either. This screenshot is the only proof I have, though it is only of the trees.

(In case you hadn't caught on, this post is intentionally mimicking the old 'Herobrine' creepypasta that had the Minecraft community enthralled back in the day. I did find these trees leafless, and the entire start of the story is real, but everything past the sandstorm becoming unnaturally intense is a work of fiction! :D)

Edited by ifoz
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ifoz said:

(In case you hadn't caught on, this post is intentionally mimicking the old 'Herobrine' creepypasta that had the Minecraft community enthralled back in the day. I did find these trees leafless, and the entire start of the story is real, but everything past the sandstorm becoming unnaturally intense is a work of fiction! :D)

Well I mean...he got removed from Minecraft, so it stands to reason he found a new home somewhere else. 😉

I wouldn't worry too much though, unless you start finding extinguished torches that you didn't place. Keep an eye on your gears too--I hear he likes to redecorate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LadyWYT said:

Well I mean...he got removed from Minecraft, so it stands to reason he found a new home somewhere else. 😉

I wouldn't worry too much though, unless you start finding extinguished torches that you didn't place. Keep an eye on your gears too--I hear he likes to redecorate.

Maybe I'll have to make a part two some time...? ;)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.