Ruin Generation?

Ari

Are the rules for generating ruins on the map in any way related to temperature or biome? In every world I've ever played before, I found a wide variety of ruins, some of which had basements. In my two snowball worlds, however, I only ever see the same handful of ruins over and over again. None of them have basements, and some of the nicest and most useful ones seem to be completely missing. This is after many hours of play and exploring dozens of thousands of blocks. If they are tied to biomes, is there a way I can adjust that? And if not, any idea what's going on and why none of the good ruins are appearing in my worlds?

Thanks!

A little update: I made a hot, humid world as a comparison. I immediately found a huge village ruin with lots of basements, and flying around I found several more. So whether intentionally or not, the climate does seem to affect the ruins. I don't see any way to affect it in the json files though, so if there's a way, I'd appreciate a hand with this. It's kind of sad to just find the same 7 or 8 boring ruins over and over again in my snowball world. Thanks so much!

Thanks! You'll see in my next video (probably on Monday) that I do actually find a ruin I haven't found before in a snowball world (though unfortunately it still didn't have a basement). It was in an area with a lot of fog, so maybe high humidity causes more/better ruins to spawn? Let me know if you need any more information or help from me on this, and I'll continue keeping track of which ruins I see where. Oh, and I think it's affecting the underground ruins as well - even after going into creative mode with noclip on and searching underground for a while I only found a couple of ruins attached to caves (and a few out in the ether far from any cave). I seem to have found them a lot more often in other worlds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.