Vintage Story Server on Raspberry Pi?

Burgersim

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the game and i have a few different models of raspberry pi's laying around. Tried it with the Raspberry Pi 3 and its laggy and chunks take a very long time to load. I wouldn't recommend it on the Pi 3 mainly because of the limited RAM and slow CPU. Ill do more testing once i get my raspberry pi 4 4gb up and running and report back here.

Edited by Polraudio Zion
  • Thanks 1

Tested it with the Raspberry Pi 4 4GB version and it ran good for the most part but as soon as you get far from home and die the server just hangs and crashes. Prob because its having a hard time loading all those chunks at once at your spawn location. The chunk loading is fast enough to keep up with one person exploring but if 2 people are exploring it will most likely lag a lot. With the amount of ram it uses you would need at least the 2gb model.

For my conclusion i wouldn't recommend running a server on a raspberry pi unless you all stick together at all times and don't die at all and also don't teleport anywhere.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for testing it out, too bad though, would've liked to run the server "personally" at home, instead of using a host service and the raspberry pi seemed like a good idea for that at first glance.

Is there any other "thing" someone would or could recommend to run the server "from home"?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.