New tool: Bellows, new structure: pottery oven

Jeremy Betts

I had complaints about the smelting speeds of various things, especially clay bricks, but I see you have changed that significantly in 1.12. Thanks for that!

But I had a thought for people who still don't like it.

New tool: hand bellows, potentially a mechanically automatable device.

Using the bellows on something heating up drastically increases the speed with which it does so, by blowing air on it. They had them in all forges for that very reason, can't think of a reason they shouldn't be in the game. Automated by having one attached to a fire/forge/bloomery/(Pottery Oven) as well as the mechanical system.

Pottery Oven

Is basically what it sounds like. A structure not unlike the bloomery. You put in fuel  and assorted clay things, ideally a decent quantity at once. You then seal the door, and it bakes all the items at once. After all, anything exposed to the heat should be baking. You then have to break the door (but not the whole oven) to retrieve the item. The door needs to be remade each time, but it's only 3-4 fire bricks.

Can theoretically also be used to cook many pieces of bread simultaneously as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yukihira_S said:

I cannot agree on that, pottery and baking ovens are by constructive point of view quite different. 

Ah yes I see they are indeed quite different. I mean, in reality it wouldn't be too difficult to use a pottery oven for bread, but for game purposes I don't mind it not being allowed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.