Creepy Music

Sparkle Kitti

10 minutes ago, Sparkle Kitti said:

Can drifters spawn during a temporal storm when they normally couldn't? Like a higher light level?

Short answer... Yeabsolutely!

I had three spawn inside the very well lit "house" in my base like 3 blocks away from me. So all bets are off it seems during temporal storms.

Hmmm... 🤔 Do temporal storms affect torch duration? I pillared in my courtyard this time, since light levels are meaningless during the storm, only to watch all my torches burn out one at a time in the order I had placed them. I'm like 90% sure they had at least til morning and the storm happened just before sunset.

I've also noticed that the drifters seem to only spawn at the end of the storm. At least I don't think I've seen it happen earlier.

Another question... does the gear on the hotbar go down faster if you are outside than if you're under cover?

Side note, I love how everything kind of sways during the storm. It's so cool!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparkle Kitti said:

I've also noticed that the drifters seem to only spawn at the end of the storm. At least I don't think I've seen it happen earlier.

I do think that moving around makes it easier to spawn for them so if you stood still on top of a pillar it might take longer till a spawn tick hits. running around causes them to spawn around you every now and then but standing still seems to delay it. maybe so that you won't get overrun by spawn after spawn with no time to kill the groups?

From what i could see they allways spawn in a radius of around 3 blocks around you so in theorie you could stand in the middle of a 5x5 room and they would only spawn outside, though sometimes one could spawn inside too, not so sure about it since i didn't look at the code.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.