No World loading at all

Ch De

Game is starting without problem but does not load ANY world.

If trying to enter existing world with saved game: it begins to load with the dialog but just stops at one point. (yes i waited more than 5m)

If I try to open a new world: the beginning dialog tells me: something went awry.....check the program logs.

No idea where to find those...

Already have the new version as it did not load at all for me a few days ago.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was busy with v1.13 and other tasks.
It seems like for both of you, the game fails to read files in the folder %appdata%/VintageStory/assets/survival/worldproperties, which makes it impossible to properly start up the game. I have no idea why in your particular case this would fail, to be frank.

Is there any chance you manually added or modified a file in there?

If not, can you please zip up that folder and send it to me?

You could also try to uninstall the game, delete the folder %appdata%/VintageStory, then reinstall. Keep the VintageStoryData folder however.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Someone else had this problem recently, their issue was insufficient space in the drive containing teh data folder. I hate to necro such an old thread but people searching this issue may come across the thread and it seems like a likely solution.

Edited by MarcAFK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.