Option to set land height for superflat world

Sparkle Kitti

As the title says, I think there should be an option in create new world to set the land height for superflat world. I like to use this world type for testing things but with only like 2 layers before you fall into the void it makes some things difficult to test. In this case I was trying to experiment with things related to cellars and wanted to see how depth effected their functionality. I ended up choosing an exploration world set in creative, but then you cant get a flat world type at all.

Also the ability to set the world with no time movement might be nice too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can certainly agree to land height for flat worlds, sometimes you want to go down with your builds too, and raising the land everytime you want to do that can be a little impractical.

Not sure how the time options would work though, would it like just be an option to have it fixed at noon?

I think it would be useful to have a world type for modding with all the settings you say.  The current flat world seems to loads super fast because there is no terrain to generate and minimal rendering.  other things. no weather.  no clothing selector. 

What i have been doing when i want a fresh start is create a world to repeat tests is prepare a normal world manually. flatten it.  Put all the tree types and ore types and animals you want to experiment with.   Set the time factor to make days super super long.  clear my inventory and stand in the perfect spot.

then exit and create multiple copies of that save to load in a fresh one every time you want to conduct a new experiment (such as after testing bombs ;)).

4 minutes ago, Heiress said:

Not sure how the time options would work though, would it like just be an option to have it fixed at noon?

i think /time hoursperday can be used to make the day very very long.   I think one of the servers I played on double the hours per day.  I usually do this when I play because the default day is too rushed.

also the /time speed command can make time progress fast. So if you want to make charcoal quickly or a baby chicken 'hatch" quickly then set it to a high number and watch the world pass you by.

I'm curious what other workflows other modders have to make life more efficient.  

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.