Sifting Table

3RS

On 9/21/2020 at 7:50 AM, redram said:

With the bucket, hold sprint and right click, I think it is.   You have to target a solid side that is adjacent to the block to be filled.  And sometimes it can be a bit finicky.

Yes I've figured that out now. I had tried that but it did not work. I may have had only 9 liters in the bucket. The H menu instructions on making a bucket needs to have the ctl-click to place water instruction.   
"sprint" is not a useful instruction for new players. ctl or other keyboard alternative; ie mac or Asian keyboards. 

Edited by wesley Bruce

17 hours ago, wesley Bruce said:

"sprint" is not a useful instruction for new players. ctl or other keyboard alternative; ie mac or Asian keyboards. 

The problem is, people can and do rebind their sprint key to a different button.  Sprint key is a very common target of rebinding.

• 1 month later...

Sounds Like you all have a much better Idea than I do. I was thinking along the XNilo kinda thing.

My thoughts were just a simple grass mesh make by a 3x3 filled with 2 dry grass for the mesh and 4 sticks and 4 logs for the table and could be done even without water and would work for both sand and gravel. 1 log in each corner and 2 sticks in each of the other 4 spots leaving the middle empty. total to craft table would be 4 logs and 8 sticks total to craft mesh would be 18 dry grass. this would be early game and maybe not yield special items or if so very rare and would instead produce only or mostly clay flint rocks and basic ores.

I was thinking XNhilo again as far as how it works you simply place the table down place in the mesh hold a stack of sand or gravel in your hands and shift right click the mesh. would go through a single block as quickly as panning would a bowl and would just drop the resources on the floor where if you have inventory space you would pick up automatically,

I have ran into a situation where I could find very little surface copper, 27 to be exact in a very large area that I searched and had no choice but to pan for copper and I rarely got copper from it I got more arrowhead than anything. I just wanted to quickly get enough ores so I could make a hammer and pick to mine veins I couldn't even get that much let alone enough to also craft a prospecting pick on top of the other 2 tools needed to mine copper veins, either that or have copper veins drop 1 or more nuggets just like you get from surface copper in addition to the ore your mining so at least you only need to get enough copper to start mining ores and you can use bits from mining to make the hammer to break down the actual ores you have collected.

at the time for a temporary fix I just cranked up the surface iron frequency in the options menu but I'd rather be able to play with default setting.... speaking of the prospecting pick is OFF by default and I think it should be on by default weather it's set to 2,4,6, or 8 I don't know doesn't really matter but having it not work at all by default makes ne since to me.

actually I'm thinking exactly like XNihilo IF I could port that mad from minecraft to vintage craft I would it works just fine as it is just would have to use dry grass or cattails instead of sting since you do have an abondance of spider enemies that drop string and spider eyes like you do in minecraft but you have grass I would go dry grass over cattails because it's more common and regrows faster and not as important as cattails are I already ran into a problem in my current game where I had an amazing start with mushrooms bees blueberries onions carrots and the red black and white corrent I think It's called I don't know but tons of useful stuff but no reads and I searched all the ponds in the area that show up on the map and only found enough reeds to make 3 handbaskets then I got killed by wolves because I was trying to figure out what to do about my inventory crisis and didn't know I ran into a pack of like 5 wolves and got 2 shot killed lol.

Edited by Sukotto82

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.