Suggestions for mechanical systems

Sengorn_Leopard

Mechanical systems: 
1.) Different radii gears and system for calculating mechanical advantage
--Small, Medium, and Large gears, perhaps 15, 30, and 60 teeth respectively. 
--Internal gears
--worm gears

2.) Gears of different materials; gears would break if too much power is transmitted through them for their material. 
--Weak wooden gears barely able to power one quern, metal required for helve hammers

3.) Energy Storage; you may wish to store mechanical energy for larger tasks or when wind is low. 
--Crafting springs that can 'wind up'
--Lifting weights with rope where gravitation can draw them back down later to provide some power
--Constructing Flywheels of different materials and masses which can be spun up to store energy (a favorite idea of mine)

4.) Water 
--Water wheels
-
-Archimedes screws to move water; perhaps an irrigation system
--wooden channels which can fill with "water"

5.) Constructing Cam shafts as a timing component to machinery
-- rotating rod with offset nodes 

6.) Wind-Pumps, wind powered pumps to move water in channels or vertically 
--Have irrigation on multiple y levels? Move water up using this
-- have an animation for water falling from one channel to another lower

7.) Beyond Gears, chain-drives
-- chains or belts to transmit power over a moderate distance 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yukihira_S said:

Very nice! 

What do you think about adding also conveyor belts?

And what is your opinion about steam power and electricity? 

I don't think the devs are going to implement electricity " I very well could be wrong" as for steam power its not a huge jump technology wise and would fit the setting IMO it would be pretty neato to have a steam powered quarry setup for larger scale mining operations.

My idea of electricity is very basic. Honestly I think it's a good to have thing just to make aluminum out of bauxite by electrolysis. 

Perhaps it would be possible to add electric lights (obviously more powerful than lanterns) and electric motors/dinamos without spoil the personality of the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.