How does taming work?

baba

I see that breeding the animals creates new generations but what is the right way to advance those generations?

Should I kill off the old generations and only leave the latest ones? I have had chickens for a lot of in game days but they are still just on gen 2 

18 hours ago, Maxwell Ellington said:

I'm having the same problem, somehow not getting males above gen 1. I'm just going to kill off all but a single couple, I'll update if it works.

I don't even have a single gen 1 male rooster for some reason.

Cool would be nice to know how it works. 

In my experience it seems that only the female needs to advance. A 3rd gen female breeding with a wild male seems to give a 4th gen animal. I am not sure this is true but I think this is how it works. I do try have the same gen males as the females but it does not always work. Hope this helps!

On 5/20/2020 at 4:52 AM, HuskyTemple said:

In my experience it seems that only the female needs to advance. A 3rd gen female breeding with a wild male seems to give a 4th gen animal. I am not sure this is true but I think this is how it works. I do try have the same gen males as the females but it does not always work. Hope this helps!

That is useful info yes.

I have killed off all my old generation because I could not keep feeding them. Now I have a lot of meat thats probably gonna go to waste though. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.