SydneyACE Posted September 25 Report Posted September 25 Ok, so here's the deal... I played for several hundred hours in my first world with default world generation settings. I found a really cool island in the middle of a big lake and I built my base on it. I was excited about building a sailboat... but then I realized it was going to be pretty worthless in a world with no oceans. So, I copied my entire island with world editor, created a new world with oceans, then pasted my island into an ocean in the new world. So now I got to keep my awesome island base AND also have a world with oceans to explore with my fancy new sailboat! There's just one problem... No wild animals spawn on my island anymore. My island was a forest biome, so I would get wolves, moose, bighorn sheep, the occasional bear, etc. (Also, rifts never spawn on my island anymore either... but this doesn't really bother me.) I miss the wild animals though. I'm assuming this is because I pasted my island into an "ocean biome" so none of the forest animals will spawn anymore. So finally to the question... Does anyone know a way to reclassify my island as a forest biome so that wild animals will once again spawn on it? And here are a few vanity shots of my fancy island for fun.
Rainbow Fresh Posted September 25 Report Posted September 25 Vintage Story doesn't have "biomes" the way Minecraft does - which makes things even more complicated. It just tracks several climate maps that determine things like - Forest level of a given area - Humidity/Rain probability of a given area - Temperature range of a given area These stats combined define what spawns in terms of trees, crops and animals. The rest is the height map and terrain pass during world gen determining where mountains go, if you get lush green or a gravel/sand desert in your forest, then ores and resources. If anything exists, the world edit suite (enabled using ".we" in chat) could maybe help you edit, well, the world? Other than that there is alot of semi-independent value that would need to be carefully adjusted and you'd likely have to write a mod that allows you to specifically override the climate maps for a given chunk via command. 1
Recommended Posts