Spawning underground, 41 days until first temporal storm

hiddenmonarch

Date: 9/5/20

Server: Single-player Survival

Server version: 1.13.2 (Stable)

Server Creation & Age: 1.13.2 (Stable), and newly started game (less than 1 day).

Enabled Mods: None

Made a new world for fun, changing quite a few of the default parameters during world creation. I am confused when I spawn in and it is completely dark. I switch to creative mode and I realize I'm at least 5 blocks underground as there is stone all around me. Not very good for a survival playthrough!
Also, I have my world config set to 10-20 days between temporal storms, but the game tells me that it'll be 41 days until the first storm. Very strange.

I've provided logs and the associated save file (pretty sure it's the vcdbs file...) inside a mediafire zip and hope they will be of use. Let me know if the download somehow breaks. LINK

Edited by Waterwing Spiritstream

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 5:02 AM, Tyron said:

hm. Thanks for the files. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue yet. When I load your world I seem to spawn correctly above ground.

It seems to be an intermittent bug. I'll keep an eye on it

Thanks for the reply. As for the temporal storm issue, it continues to reliably occur when I select 10-20 days between storms (1.13.3). Not sure about other settings. I get resulting values between 30 and 50 days, usually in the low 40s.

On 9/15/2020 at 5:02 AM, Tyron said:

hm. Thanks for the files. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue yet. When I load your world I seem to spawn correctly above ground.

It seems to be an intermittent bug. I'll keep an eye on it

If he once did the serverspawnhere command in previous game... it will modify the future game he creates and mess up the value where he spawn. it's true for the X, Y and Z.

I'd look at his serverconfig file.

On 9/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, Aledark said:

If he once did the serverspawnhere command in previous game... it will modify the future game he creates and mess up the value where he spawn. it's true for the X, Y and Z.

I'd look at his serverconfig file.

I did change the spawn point, yes. Did not know about it potentially modifying future [new] games, though.

Edited by Waterwing Spiritstream

23 hours ago, Waterwing Spiritstream said:

I did change the spawn point, yes. Did not know about it potentially modifying future [new] games, though.

I didnt either but i had same trouble as you. I'm just emiting hypothesis. i did like a month of testing in 1.13 and never happened again when i went back to the original serverconfig file without me having made the spawnhere command in old world. You seemed to be having same trouble as i had back then.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.