Help Adjusting Creature Drops?

Ashiel

I wanted to make it so that you will always find some meat, hide, fat, and bones on a freshly killed animal.

I adjusted the drops under the harvest section of the animals in /survival/entities/land, then ran modmaker, but it doesn't seem to be working. When I kill a hare in game, I frequently still end up with an empty harvest window when dressing them with a knife. I'm trying to figure out why it's not working. Here's the patch data from the mod that modmaker made. This one is for female hares specifically, but the adjustments are identical for male hares. Adjusted other animals as well, and none seem to be working.

I'm guessing maybe I don't properly understand how avg and var work. I had assumed (perhaps wrongly) that avg is the baseline average drop, and var is a variance range up and down (e.g. if the avg was 2 and var 1, then you would get between 1-3), but I'm not so sure now, since by my understanding the following should mean that a female hare always drops 1 small hide, 2 fat, and 2 bones.

[
  {
    "op": "replace",
    "path": "/server/behaviors/6/drops/1",
    "value": {
      "type": "item",
      "code": "hide-raw-small",
      "quantity": {
        "avg": 1,
        "var": 0
      }
    },
    "file": "entities/land/hare-female.json"
  },
  {
    "op": "add",
    "path": "/server/behaviors/6/drops/2",
      "code": "fat",
        "avg": 2,
      }
    },
  },
  {
    "op": "add",
    "path": "/server/behaviors/6/drops/3",
      "code": "bone",
        "avg": 2,
      }
    },
  }
]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.