Got a couple nuisance bugs

Shane Hanson

The first one is that when I use the scroll wheel to select a hotbar button when I try to use the item it will revert to the last item I used. Even if I had selected an item by using the number keys, but did not use that item, it will go to the last item I actually used.

Also when I select a new hotbar button (using the number keys) if I go to use the item it spins my camera to be facing what I must assume is a random direction. I haven't been able to make head or tails of why I end up facing the direction I do, but it may be due to how I was facing when I used previous item. Also after selecting a new hotbar button  if I try rotating the camera it rotates the camera in a random direction. To prevent this I have to walk a few steps, forward or backwards, before doing anything, after selecting a new hotbar button.

And last the game crashes. I have my screen set to turn off after certain amount of time of inactivity. This crashes the game whether I am currently playing or if I have it sitting on the startup screen

I am not sure what all you need for information

Linux Mint 19.3 - (all drivers are up-to-date)

Linux kernel 5.4.0

Mono version 6.12.0.90

Vintage Story 1.13.4

With only few days of game play I think this is a very well done game even with these minor annoyances.

I've been getting the same issue. Just have to press any mouse button and the camera will  turn back to the direction it last was when the menu was open.

Game hasn't crashed but the mouse issue is  annoying. Did try a different mouse. Same issue.

Not sure if it's a wayland issue or not.
The Windows client does not have this issue.

Update: Ok turns out it is a Wayland issue. Switching back to X11 resolves the mouse position snapping issue.

Artix Linux
Kernel 5.8.12
Mono 6.10.0
Mesa 20.3-git
LLVM 12.0
Vintage Story 1.13.4

Edited by mnemonicman
Found a workaround

Best I can figure I don't think it is a Wayland issue. Wayland seem more related to generating the desktop GUI. I think it would cause performance issues for games.

Did a bit of digging trying to debug this and I would guess the "Yaw" is not being stored in a variable correctly. And every time you hit a key the game checks that variable and gets the wrong "Yaw" direction causing the game to change the cameras direction. I am getting killed by wolves in water. And hunting large game is death sentence. And all because one little piece of data is not being stored in a variable correctly.

11 hours ago, Shane Hanson said:

Did a bit of digging trying to debug this and I would guess the "Yaw" is not being stored in a variable correctly. And every time you hit a key the game checks that variable and gets the wrong "Yaw" direction causing the game to change the cameras direction. I am getting killed by wolves in water. And hunting large game is death sentence. And all because one little piece of data is not being stored in a variable correctly.

Shane if you could report this on the Vintage Story bugs github, it might be more likely Tyron can look into it.  This thread has the link:  https://www.vintagestory.at/forums/topic/421-official-issue-tracker-on-github/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.