Vintage Story lore about Temporal Storms and Ruins doted on the lands

Johnlofort

Hello! My name is johnlofort or I go by VerusSapio on discord. My question for today is is there any actual reason or lore explanation about the subject of Temporal Storms and generally why is this world ominously creepy, like people existed and now only very small amounts of humanoids still exist besides the drifters. There are humanoids also in the form of traders, but I guess the game gives me a sense of a world mostly devoid of humans and civilization, It's creepy. But I like the game so far! I'm addicted. I did however search this topic online and found nothing! Why? No one cares about the lore of such a world? I find the game fascinating. Anyway, if you could so kindly answer my question that would be awesome!

Edited by Johnlofort

There is lore behind all of this, but most of the lore hasn't really made it into the game yet.  You'll find snippets of journals and such in underground ruins.  In time, there will be more than traders as far as npcs go.  This is just where things are at right now.  There's been more of a focus on nuts and bolts content, rather than lore content, for most of the development to this point.   In time, things will be much more cohesive lore-wise, though possibly still fairly mysterious when you start, and take time to piece it all together in-game. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.