Wild Farming

jakecool19

On 1/24/2022 at 11:08 PM, Pamela Wild said:

Does this fix the handbook crashing?

Yes

5 hours ago, Smeeslug said:

Mushroom spawns can't be crafted and crash the game when used

With all the mushrooms added I will be completely redoing that mechanic, so that will be readded in the next update or so.

One of my players crashed with the below error and can't login to the server anymore:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at WildFarming.WildPlantBlockEntity.UpdateStep(Single step)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _vRo5OUTQG1GrM9nJI04WT53NTfD._up6Bx1j7zVizDBWAE3yF6nNCGNeA(Single )
   at _aMv7wPQlA8cgDnAEfSbEgoGdVfy._5b9xtkxs5cZMXJBpJdsFujTxqHg(Single )
   at _aMv7wPQlA8cgDnAEfSbEgoGdVfy._CZCOZeGO1GrDP5k5hCtFGOFJtVO(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _WBb7CwUzEOAcHICLKAiVW6NVIeN._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(_Bv3M5I4kdGBjvWkB5zNcVsHESud , String[] )
   at _rip5UQmdVBLCq6ZoAXXnaN9jQJc._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(ThreadStart ) @jakecool19

Edited by CoB

1 hour ago, CoB said:

One of my players crashed with the below error and can't login to the server anymore:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at WildFarming.WildPlantBlockEntity.UpdateStep(Single step)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _vRo5OUTQG1GrM9nJI04WT53NTfD._up6Bx1j7zVizDBWAE3yF6nNCGNeA(Single )
   at _aMv7wPQlA8cgDnAEfSbEgoGdVfy._5b9xtkxs5cZMXJBpJdsFujTxqHg(Single )
   at _aMv7wPQlA8cgDnAEfSbEgoGdVfy._CZCOZeGO1GrDP5k5hCtFGOFJtVO(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _WBb7CwUzEOAcHICLKAiVW6NVIeN._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(_Bv3M5I4kdGBjvWkB5zNcVsHESud , String[] )
   at _rip5UQmdVBLCq6ZoAXXnaN9jQJc._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(ThreadStart ) @jakecool19

Do they know what plants they turned into seeds and have growing in that area?

Another player got struck:

I seem to be broken as well - crashed 5 times trying to enter, I'm also surrounded by cannibals so if I try anymore I'll die as it logs me in for just long enough for me to take damage but not move, then crashes - looks like a similar error

I do have purpleheart seeds, bald cypress seeds and I think some turnip seeds in my inventory. This is a bit away from town so no player planted plants should be within range.

36 minutes ago, CoB said:

Another player got struck:

I seem to be broken as well - crashed 5 times trying to enter, I'm also surrounded by cannibals so if I try anymore I'll die as it logs me in for just long enough for me to take damage but not move, then crashes - looks like a similar error

I do have purpleheart seeds, bald cypress seeds and I think some turnip seeds in my inventory. This is a bit away from town so no player planted plants should be within range.

Looks like the crash is occurring client side, which the update step should not need execute there. I will release an update later today to limit it to server side which should eliminate that issue, although of course absolutely no guarantees on that. 

We removed the mod and they have been able to remove stuff from their inventories. I added the mod again and restarted the server. One was fine afterwards, the other not. But after a while of connecting and crashing after 1-2 seconds or so, she was able to get out of the area into a lake and onto a raft which - for some reason - gave her more time before she crashed again. So she was able to empty her inventory even more and now is crash-free. At least for the moment.

15 minutes ago, CoB said:

We removed the mod and they have been able to remove stuff from their inventories. I added the mod again and restarted the server. One was fine afterwards, the other not. But after a while of connecting and crashing after 1-2 seconds or so, she was able to get out of the area into a lake and onto a raft which - for some reason - gave her more time before she crashed again. So she was able to empty her inventory even more and now is crash-free. At least for the moment.

That's strange. There is nothing in their inventory that can even cause this crash. In fact this crash is being caused by a block entity placed in the world not an item according to the crash report you gave, which if you ran the world and saved it without the mod, that should remove all the block entities associated with it. Emptying their inventories should not have an effect what so ever.

New update released! Brings a new mushroom farming method and tree repopulation! Fully grown trees can now encourage the growth of certain undergrowth foliage and will plant saplings as well. They will also have their own health dependent upon its logs and leaves and can come under attack by things like termites. Trees no longer require farmland or water. Mushroom farming is completely different and now requires a mushroom substrate block. Right clicking with a mushroom in hand will "plant" it and if it is a ground mushroom, it will randomly sprout mushrooms in the surrounding area, if it is a side growing one, it will grow mushrooms on the log on top of it.

Note: Video was made with test settings and is not indicative of what it will actually be like.

• Amazing! 1

Great update for the mod! Self propagating trees are awesome :)

I have done some testing and want to give a little feedback.
After a while (like several years) forests get extremly overgrown (Like in the picture of this redwood forest). I'd suggest to make it so that even after some time there are empty spaces left. not sure if thats possible though. Maybe add some grass to the things spawning so it does not get crammed with ferns that much.

Also it seems the type of ferns and mushrooms spawned depend on the tree planted, which is perfect. Atm trees like Kapok, Acacia, and other southern types would spawn things that should not grow naturally in the jungle though. I'd remove the horsetail and eagle ferns there and add crotons, tall ferns and other jungle plants. maybe even some bamboo and fern trees if possible. Edit: after having a look at the mod json it seems for now the plants spawning are the same for all types of trees? Planned to change in the future?

Also i observed several trees that after some time had 3-5 different types of mushrooms on them. That seems to much to me. Maybe you can adjust it so that one tree can only have 1-2 different types and they dont spawn that often.

The amount of termite mounds spawing also seems a little to high. I added some pictures to this post for reference.

Thanks for that awesome mod Jake! I am looking forward to more content and adjustments.

2022-02-07_15-32-48.png

2022-02-07_15-43-14.png

2022-02-07_15-44-20.png

Edited by Scout

The flora spread is currently deleting water blocks in ponds near trees in favour of grass, ferns, flowers etc.

Another issue that happened when I updated your mods and added asphyxia, which I actually am guessing is the culprit, is occasionally getting pushed around by what I suspect is the gas entities? If not, it's some wierd lag from one of your mods, and generally it's just a little nuisance but if it happens while you are in the air it can sometimes throw you quite a distance

From the console:

Spoiler
[Server Fatal] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at WildFarming.BlockEntityTrunk.Regenerate(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

multiplayer 1.16.3, wild farming 1.2.0

Edited by CoB

10 hours ago, Smeeslug said:

The flora spread is currently deleting water blocks in ponds near trees in favour of grass, ferns, flowers etc.

Another issue that happened when I updated your mods and added asphyxia, which I actually am guessing is the culprit, is occasionally getting pushed around by what I suspect is the gas entities? If not, it's some wierd lag from one of your mods, and generally it's just a little nuisance but if it happens while you are in the air it can sometimes throw you quite a distance

Neither mod interacts with the player, and Asphyxia will never have any blocks, items, or entities since it is intended to be a library mod. Sounds like your world or the server you are on has wind push enabled, it was added in 1.15.

7 hours ago, CoB said:

From the console:

Hide contents
[Server Fatal] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at WildFarming.BlockEntityTrunk.Regenerate(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

multiplayer 1.16.3, wild farming 1.2.0

I am going to need more details than that. Does this completely shut down the server? Is it constantly spamming the server? Is there a particular tree doing this?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.