Do save files work with newer versions?

AngryRob

10 hours ago, redram said:

No.  Worst case, some blocks might be question marks, though I think now there is a prompt for automatic remapping even, should it be necessary. 

Great news. That changes my plans then. I am going to horde the iron i collect so that when the steel update hits, i will be more than ready. Which i need to ask a new question, how do updates work? does the game do that automatically? or do i need download the updated version manually? 

The game does not have automatic updating (yet).  You'll have to go to the downloads page here on the webpage and download the update and run it.  There's a full game download which is like 250mb, and an update which is like 45mb.   Normally you'd just do the smaller one, because the only difference between the two is that the larger download includes all the music.  however I think there may be new music in the next update, so at least once you'll need to do the full download.   But after than just the smaller ones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.