Question about clothes

Sniper Ely

I want to make clothes have a purpose besides looking nice.

I am looking at giving slight buffs from clothes because well.. you are warmer, and protected from weather so maybe health recovery is higher, food intake is lower because you don't use as much energy to warm yourself up. Boots could give a speed buff. All minor but a nice incentive. Because i added recipes for clothes ( i'll add more but i got enough for now) in another mod i feel like it makes sense.

As much as i know.. only armor can have these buff/debuffs? My questions are: can i put them on clothes directly, do they trigger even if the clothes are not in an armor slot or do i have to make clothes armor pieces( how hard will it be then... ? change a .json value or a more complex process?)

Thanks beforehand!

• 4 weeks later...

I read somewhere that they are adding temperature effects to the game and cloths will actually give you warmth and stop you from taking freezing damage. I'm not sure how accurate that information is as I've just seen someone post it someplace but if it is true then you should be able to find the warmth buff they add to the cloths when they release that feature and change or add buffs of your choosing if you know what they are. they should work in clothing slots. It really depends if what I read is true and how they decide to implement it.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, Sniper Ely said:

I am looking at giving slight buffs from clothes because well.. you are warmer, and protected from weather so maybe health recovery is higher, food intake is lower because you don't use as much energy to warm yourself up. Boots could give a speed buff. All minor but a nice incentive. Because i added recipes for clothes ( i'll add more but i got enough for now) in another mod i feel like it makes sense.

As much as i know.. only armor can have these buff/debuffs? My questions are: can i put them on clothes directly, do they trigger even if the clothes are not in an armor slot or do i have to make clothes armor pieces( how hard will it be then... ? change a .json value or a more complex process?)

Thanks beforehand!

I think you just need to look at the json of the armor.  Most likely it is set through attributes, and if you add the same attributes for clothes, it might work

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 7:10 AM, Sniper Ely said:

Thanks beforehand!

have you given this another try since the 1.14 update? not sure if the temperature was added in 1.14.0 or 1.14.2(current version at this time). they updated from 1.14.0 to 1.14.2 seemingly same day or overnight. I might just be making myself too busy and didn't realize how long it was released but either way there is temperature effects on cloths now so maybe you can give your buff/debuff thing another go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.