allow vegetables in large and small trough

William Huang

I find it weird that chicken only exclusively eat seeds and pigs only eat grass/seeds.  Since you can easily farm such large quantity of vegetables and end up with so much surplus in your root cellar, why not allow them to be fed to pigs and chickens?

Just a thought.

edit: after reading what others have said in the past, I think this is also a good solution to alleviate the need to grind for grass upkeep.

Edited by William Huang
  • Like 1

yeah, pigs especially! they eat anything in real life, they should get their own trough that accepts any foodstuff. it would give them an advantage over the sheep, too. i haven't even bothered to capture any pigs because the sheep give red meat and we'll be able to milk them soon... what, exactly, do pigs offer? if i could feed them surplus vegetables, then i would definitely start raising them, too.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, peitum said:

what, exactly, do pigs offer?

I believe pigs offer more efficient 'production' on a per-feed basis, because they have so many more offspring per pregnancy.  Also don't be surprised if sheep get rebalanced now that they're the sole milk producer.  I too would like to be able to feed pigs veggies though.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.