Recipe Question

l33tmaan

You're right my shapes were broken! I figured out what the issue was - I needed to create my own .jsons under the shapes folder and assign the new shapes my new textures. I was referring to the vanilla shapes which seem to only be able to pull in textures related to that specific bread. I'll probably need to create a .json for each bread-fruit combination, but I think I can get it working now!

On 11/24/2020 at 7:34 PM, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

@Sukotto82 so that the bush can be generated in the world you must do worldgen) Create simular this in the worldgen folder:

[
			comment: "Patches of blueberries",
			blockCodes: ["smallberrybush-blueberry-empty", "smallberrybush-blueberry-flowering", "smallberrybush-blueberry-ripe", "smallberrybush-blueberry-ripe"],
			minTemp: -2,
			maxTemp: 18,
			minRain: 0.3,
			maxRain: 0.7,
			maxFertility: 0.5,
			chance: 0.1,
			minForest: 0.5,
			maxY: 0.85,
			offsetX: { dist: "gaussian", avg: 0, var: 15 },
			offsetZ: { dist: "gaussian", avg: 0, var: 15 },
			quantity: { avg: 5, var: 12 },
		}
]

Worldgen of the vanilla bush is in survival/worldgen/blockpatches.json

ok. awesome. will do this right now and give it a try. thanks. I'll credit you in the mod info section once I get this working as well as anyone else who has helped with figuring things out. 

it's much appreciated.

I thought this is in C# and I thought 7 days to die was in C# as well and I mod 7 days to die okay but I use things like

<modname>

<append xpath="/items">

<item name="drinkJarBlueberryAloeJuiceST">
    <property name="HoldType" value="3"/>
    <property name="DisplayType" value="water"/>
    <property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Food/bottled_waterPrefab.prefab"/>
    <property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>
    <property name="Material" value="Morganic"/>
    <property name="Stacknumber" value="32"/> <!-- STK drink -->
    <property name="EconomicValue" value="89"/>
    <property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkMasterChef"/>
    <property class="Action0">
        <property name="Class" value="Eat"/>
        <property name="Delay" value="1.0"/>
        <property name="Use_time" value="..."/>
        <property name="Sound_start" value="player_drinking"/>
        <property name="Create_item" value="drinkJarEmpty" count="1"/>
    </property>
    <property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking,CFDrink/Cooking"/>

<effect_group tiered="false" name="Drink Tier 3">
        <requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffIsOnFire"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$waterAmountAdd" operation="add" value="50"/>
        <display_value name="dStaminaRegen" value=".50"/>
        <display_value name="dEfficientDigestion" value=".15"/>
            <display_value name="dDuration" value="303"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$buffRedTeaDuration" operation="add" value="303"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$buffRedTeaDuration" operation="set" value="903">
                <requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="$buffRedTeaDuration" operation="GT" value="903"/></triggered_effect>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffProcessConsumables,buffRedTea"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="add" value="50"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffProcessConsumables"/>
        <display_value name="dCureInfection" value=".15"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$buffInfectionAddCurePerc" operation="add" value="15"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffInfectionAddCure"/>
        <display_value name="dCureDysentery" value=".2"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$buffDysenteryAddCurePerc" operation="add" value="20"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffDysenteryAddCure"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="maxHealthAmount" operation="add" value="40"/> <!-- X -->
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="maxHealthIncrease" operation="set" value="@medicPerkIncrease"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="medicalHealthAmount" operation="add" value="80"/> <!-- X -->
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="healthIncrease" operation="set" value="@healthPerkIncrease"/>
        <display_value name="foodHealthAmount" value="80"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffProcessConsumables"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInjuryBleeding"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionEnd" action="GiveExp" exp="100"/>
            <!-- medical XP gains -->
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="GiveExp" exp="100"/>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="GiveExp" exp="30">
            <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkPhysician" operation="Equals" value="1"/>
        </triggered_effect>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="GiveExp" exp="40">
            <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkPhysician" operation="Equals" value="2"/>
        </triggered_effect>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="GiveExp" exp="60">
            <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkPhysician" operation="Equals" value="3"/>
        </triggered_effect>
        <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="GiveExp" exp="80">
            <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkPhysician" operation="Equals" value="4"/>
        </triggered_effect>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="GiveExp" exp="100">
            <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkPhysician" operation="Equals" value="5"/>
        </triggered_effect>
    </effect_group>

<effect_group tiered="false">
        <requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffIsOnFire"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffExtinguishFire"/>
    </effect_group>
</item>

for example of one of the items I added to 7 days to die, but this langauge and the way things are written are WAY different. plus in 7 days to die or Kenshi or Skyrim or anything I've made mods for I've never modified json files in fact I didn't even know I could or maybe those games have json files locked or something I don't know. but either way.

thank you all and I greatly appreciate your help.

also I've never been able to make my own custom mesh files either only textures so that limits what I can do as well.

it seems every game I try to learn how to mod they are each different in such a way I need to learn everything from scratch but it's fun to learn and see things come to life since I can't make my own game I make the best of trying to learn how to mod games instead. 

I'm still quite the noob as it's kinda obvious and I do appreciate all the help I get.

sometimes I get so caught up I just want to do things and as soon as I learn something I instantly go try it out and sometimes forget to say thanks to those who help me so I really want to be sure to get better at that and let people know that their help is truly appreciated. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.