what do these numbers represent?

Sukotto82

ahh ok. that's what I was actually looking at it for. I was wanting to make a better light source to use in farms underground, due to the 10% light requirement adjustment below sea level per level I wanted to make a light source that I can place above the water source hanging from the ceiling in a 5 block tall room that will give all crops in that 7x7 field enough light to not get any penalties as far down as 20 levels below sea level. so around 90 since sea level in default settings is 110 I believe.

think the last number there represents the light level? For example, the regular torch has an HSV of 4, 2, 14, and when I look it up in the handbook it says it has Light Level 14. The lantern is 7, 3, 18, and the handbook says it has Light Level 18. So try cranking that up, I guess.

2 hours ago, Sukotto82 said:

I'm assuming 18 represents the light level maybe but what about the others?

lol yeah I figured the same. but wasn't sure and was curious about the other two numbers it seems it's 18 down 7up and 3 around? I don't know but what I do know is for some reason the light from a torch will shine quite a ways down and show on the ground even when placed reasonably high not something crazy like 100 blocks up but it doesn't seem to luminate outward n,e, s, w, very far and I'm not sure about up because I usually have them on a ceiling or placed someplace that doesn't have a ceiling to know the up lighting but down seems to travel pretty far but I don't know. I'm working on textures right now but I will do some testing on the light later. I'll add a crafting recipe that you simply put the lantern in the crafting grid and magically you get an altered lantern kind of like crafting a slab from auto to horizontal only to vertical only and back to auto I'll just make a couple altered values of lanterns and do something like that for testing. or maybe not even make a crafting recipe for it and just go into creative.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.