Mod request: a mixed clayforming mod,

Sukotto82

when clayforming at the moment if you start with blue clay and run out and switch to fire clay it wont let you finish you need to make it all from the same type of clay.

I would like to request someone to make a mod far beyond my abilities to allow you to mix clay during clayforming, this will likely need to be a code based mod to be what I have in mind.

I think it would be cool if you could change different types of clay while making your clayform and have it show up on the mold. 

this would be cool for several reasons one you could not have the problem of having enough clay but not enough of the same kind of clay and two would allow you to make things like storage vessels and other clay molded objects with designs by mixing up the clay used it would also be cool for these details to show up on the fired product rather than using the default ceramic texture it would actual make a pot that you can actually see the different colors of clay used in making it exactly where you placed it. allowing for fancy custom designs on your pottery.

it would be super super cool if this was compatible with my current clay mod I'm currently working on and other clay mods people have made introducing different colors of clay into the game. 

my mod adds a clay for each type of the 14 main types of stone as well as a plain white one. these 15 new colors of clay make a total of 17 types of different colors of clay and would be really really cool to be able to make decretive pottery mixing different colors of clay together.

Edited by Sukotto82

I have not yet but I will. I will get my mod packed up first. right now all my mod stuff is in the games asset > survival folder and if I pack it up right now using the maker tool it will not save everything. I will need to unpack it and put in all the textures and stuff that was left out of the mod maker tool. 

that's why I do all my modding in the actual game but in order to make a mod I can share for others to use I will need to pack it up somehow and that is the only way I know how at the moment. 

I especially know what you mean about edits to vanilla items as a lot of what I do references vanilla assets mainly for the shape because I can't do those at all and some times I just add a new variation of a vanilla item like I added a flint and obsidian sawblade that can be crafted early game using knapping instead of needing to wait unil you found over a thousand copper just to be able to start shaping wood. I also added a mold sawblade (work in progress, Shape issue with clay mold) for that same reason. the mold was my original idea instead of making a stone variant but since I don't have the mold working yet I made the knapping versions. 

I added a couple new small berry bushes 15 new clay types and 2 new grains and a new onion. ALL of witch reference vanilla shape files and edits to worldgen properties. 

the tree was going to be called blue pine for now even though it's purple and pinetrial was a temporary name for a different variant of the wood that would not be spawned naturally.

the purple bluepine would be spawned naturally and if you soaked the log in some limeportion or boraxportion for a certain amount of time. I was thinking 24 hours, it would be bleached to the blue pinetrial variant of the bluepine and if you use saw on the pinetrial you will get the blue plank instead of purple plank to make the blue pinetrial planks but if you used the saw on the purple form without soaking it you would get the purple bluepine variant.

of course I haven't got this finished and working yet. not sure what I'm missing for the tree. 

I do need to make the plank boards still I don't think that would stop the tree from showing up though.

bluepinetree.zip

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.