any Tutorial into seperating installations?

Hal13

Would like to keep my current installation with all the mods and install 1.14 at last.

Can anyone please point out to me how to do that? I know i saw someone pointing out that possibility somewhere, but can't remember who and where it was and i think it wasn't mentioned exactly how to do it.

i think that's the post i was refering to, thanks.

the data folder is just the moved folder from the drive the os is on, right?

and if the mods would be in the main directory the argument --addmodpath wouldn't be necessary, but all versions in your setup would use all the mods therein, right?

No it'd still be under the version and shouldn't affect the others... Why do it then? backup reasons, maybe? or copying over from one version to the next the mods that did not change?

Okay I think i figured it out, maybe?
1. I have to copy the folder AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData into the folder of the current version.
2. make a shortcut to the executable in the version folder with the arguments --datapath and --addmodpath, the latter only if i still use the mods folder in the datafolder
3. never download and install the update always the fullinstall of a new version
4. everytime i install a new version repeat 1. and 2.?

Is it really that simple?

@Streetwindseems this setup prevents screenshots being taken though, any idea?

That's the error message in client-main.txt:

9.1.2021 00:42:58 [Error] Screenshot failed: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): Allgemeiner Fehler in GDI+.
   bei System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   bei _jYdRz15iP89LTalkcDMMJzy8zDD._4ZFzQ64yVffxvIJIX75AE03Nu0(ClientPlatformAbstract , String , String , Boolean , Boolean )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.SaveScreenshot(String path, String filename, Boolean withAlpha, Boolean flip)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemScreenshot.OnFrameDone(Single dt)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.