Perishing speeds fluctuate in Cellar

Mikel Monleón

Anyone else having this problem? Seems like my chests and storage vessels aren't consistent. Somedays i'll log on and it'll say .54x perishing speed, when it used to be .26x. Breaking the chests and placing it back down fixes the problem temporary. Does the speed of decay actually change, or is this just a text error?

Before anyone asks, the door is closed, the cellar is built correctly etc. It's not a user problem, it's just buggy. 

Yep, I think since 1.14 there are some weird problems with it, but I'm not sure yet what exactly is going on and I thought it might also have something to do with my new world starting in a hot climate and my base being a bit above the ground, but maybe not, and I haven't had the time yet to do more tests. I normally have a small 3x1x1 "cellar" next to the firepit, and when I leave the GUI of the vessels in it open and close the cellar hole with a soil block, the numbers change and I can see how long each food item in the vessel will last with a closed cellar. That doesn't really consistently work at the moment. Sometimes I close the cellar and the numbers stay the same. But when I check in creative mode and dive through the blocks to check the numbers, they're as expected. And sometimes stuff seems to spoil slower in my inventory then in vessels, but again I'm not sure if that has something to do with the hot climate.

It's not anything players are doing wrong, it's a bug which will be fixed in 1.14.8  (coming very soon).

The main reason for seemingly weird behaviour, in 1.14.7, is the server (including the "internal" server which is running when you play in Single Player mode) and the player client can detect the cellar differently depending on the (slightly random) order in which world chunks are loaded.  But if this issue is affecting your cellar, often the food will not spoil at all during that gaming session.

If you build your cellar completely inside a chunk (all walls and ceiling and floor, include entrance tunnel until you reach a door or trapdoor, all inside the same chunk), then there should be no issue. 

The command:

.debug wireframe chunk

should show you the chunk borders, hopefully I typed that correctly.

• Like 2

Having your cellar (including entrance, walls, etc) inside one chunk makes no difference, it is still bugged.

As far as I can tell, the faulty spoilage values occur when the chunk they are in is (re-)loaded. Saving and exiting, then reloading the game consistently triggers the bug. So does travelling far enough away for the chunk to offload and then coming back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.