Editing Drifter Spawn Rules?

DoomSoda

Hey, a friend and I have been really enjoying this game, but we're getting a little frustrated with how Drifters seem to be able to spawn in our base even when we have abundant lighting. My friend has also expressed a frustration with not being able to safely explore caves by placing torches down as he goes, as drifters seem to spawn behind him regardless.

Is there a file I can edit somewhere to reduce the light requirement for drifters to spawn? Or perhaps an existing mod somewhere? We don't want to remove drifters from the game completely, we just want the drifters to not be able to spawn where we've placed lights.

Thank you!

(For future readers, my full filepath was C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\assets\survival\entities\land\drifter.json)

I just tried editing the file, and while I don't know if its working or not on an existing world, nothing is crashing, there are no errors, and my friend is able to connect.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.