Two bugs with torches

AlphaRay

14.7 + 14.8RC1:

- Torches can't be placed when holding SHIFT (to not fall down - trying to place a torch on a wall from top)

- Right-Click on fireplace it not possible when holding a torch. But with aaall other items it's possible.

Feature-request:

- picking-up a torch with right-click instead knocking over with left + right click to pick-up.  Would be more "naturally".

Edited by AlphaRay

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 12:10 AM, AlphaRay said:

- Torches can't be placed when holding SHIFT (to not fall down - trying to place a torch on a wall from top)

- Right-Click on fireplace it not possible when holding a torch. But with aaall other items it's possible.

The first is intented afaik, because sneak+right click is using the torch to set things on fire (or try it), a mechanic that's only wrong for fireplaces (and should be changed accordingly).

You can let go of sneak to place the torch though as long as you don't move you won't fall.

12 minutes ago, Hal13 said:

The first is intented afaik, because sneak+right click is using the torch to set things on fire (or try it), a mechanic that's only wrong for fireplaces (and should be changed accordingly).

You can let go of sneak to place the torch though as long as you don't move you won't fall.

Then explain me why i can correclty right click with the lighter (firestarter?) on fireplace to open it!  only the torch is not working...this is a bug.

I'd guess the old behavior of right click with torch to light the fireplace will get removed when they rework the fireplace, when ovens etc will be added.

Did you look into the bug tracker on github if it is on it already?

EDIT: Not on the tracker, added it:https://github.com/anegostudios/VintageStory-Issues/issues/806

added the torch pick up too: https://github.com/anegostudios/VintageStory-Issues/issues/807

Edited by Hal13

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.