Recipe item cycling

Oscar Le Derp

Could you please explain what you mean?

Do you mean the recipes in the handbook? Or am i totally wrong?

If so i'm not aware of a button to stop cycling through possible crafting ingredients. And i don't think it would be better to list each possible way to craft an item as a single page in the handbook.

Edited by Hal13

On 3/14/2021 at 6:07 PM, Hal13 said:

Could you please explain what you mean?

Do you mean the recipes in the handbook? Or am i totally wrong?

If so i'm not aware of a button to stop cycling through possible crafting ingredients. And i don't think it would be better to list each possible way to craft an item as a single page in the handbook.

yeah I do mean in the handbook it cycles through all the possible ingredients so sometimes its hard to see. My proposed solution would be to hold a button down to pause it so you can view the items properly. The way they are listed is fine I just want to be able to pause the cycling

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I see what's happening on my end; a mod hiccup. For the wooden axle, it wasn't just showing tools, wood, and fat, it was also showing worm, glass bottles and something that looks like a banana, and it was cycling too fast to figure out what the banana-looking thing was. 

I bet the banana thing was a soybean, and I bet the bottle, although it would be shown empty in the recipe was a bottle of oil, which can often replace animal fat in a lot of recipes! Not sure why a soybean was good though!

I recently tried to make an oil lamp with an empty bucket, 2 bricks of peat and a bowl, because that's what the guidebook said, but it didn't work. It also said clay bottles, glass bottles would work in pace of the bucket, and although it shows them all empty I'm betting they are supposed to have oil in them. Would make sense for a lantern anyway... But that's why I figure maybe you're seeing glass bottles instead of fat. Worms also is a mystery to me though! Maybe I should see is the Squeezer takes them after all 😝

Sorry for late response; I removed the mod I was making and then reinstalled everyone else's mods. The worm  issue is gone. The strange thing that persists with my wooden axle recipe is that ingredients cycle too fast, we're talking like slot machine fast. And the really strange thing is that this is the only recipe that seems to cycle that fast. But I learned an important rule of thumb: when in doubt, consult the wiki. I have a few altered recipes, but all of the original recipes on the wiki still work. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.