Changing ore density and regening chunks

BearWrestler

I'd like to increase the ore density in my existing Survival world to match the ore density in Exploration settings.

I assume it must be possible with the /worldconfig command, but the corresponding value is not listed in the wiki: https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=List_of_server_commands/worldconfig

Does anyone know the correct value, and is there an exhaustive list somewhere (at least in the game's public source code portion, I assume?)

Once that's done, I'd like to delete or regenerate every chunk on the map except the one(s) our home base is on - we've already explored very far and I'd like those chunks to contain the new ore densities. Is there a command I can use for this, or do you have any pointers to code a custom server command that would do this?

Thanks!

You can force chunks to regenerate with the /wgen regen command. Supply a number between 0 and 50; that is a radius. 0 regenerates the chunk column you're standing in. 1 regenerates a 3x3 chunk area, centered on the chunk you are standing in. 2 does a 5x5 area, and so on. Large numbers may slow down or freeze the server for a bit as it works through the task.

Note that this doesn't just regenerate the local ore. It deletes the entire chunk column and recreates it from scratch from the world seed and position. You'll receive a completely new, virgin slice of world with no traces of any previous activity you might have performed in that location (though it will match the original landscape). If you accidentally do it in range of your base, you will instantly commit it to the void, and there is no "are you sure" check before it fires.

As for configuring the global ore deposit rate after world creation... yeah, I got nothing. Tried out a few variations of how the command might possibly look like, but had no luck. It might not exist. Or it simply looks too different from the setting's full name to be guessable.

Thanks for the info. At this point I'm thinking that regenerating a brand new world with the desired settings and the same seed, and switching temporarily to creative mode to recreate our base might be an easier solution.

If any dev is reading this, it would be appreciated if you guys could complete the wiki pages I linked above, or confirm that the value can't be changed at runtime if that's the case (but I'd be surprised, given you can change so much other stuff in world gen). A command to list or export the list of all worldconfig variables would also be very useful.

Edited by BearWrestler

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.