What you think? Warmer climatzone northly from my base?

RobinHood

What you think? Warmer climatzone northly from my base? Because if I look too south I see still more snow, if I look to north, I see seldom only seldom or nearly no any snowfield. Is winter-end, 6th march. Default settings, but my worldsize bit smaller ;)  ... 512K and 200k from tropics to tundra.

In the picture its evening and I look to west, southwest more snow, north west less snow.

2021-04-07_17-56-27.jpg

Edited by RobinHood

The game always spawns you in the northern hemisphere. Going south will always be moving towards the equator, and thus warmer weather. You can walk to a point in the world where going north will make it warmer, but you cannot spawn there.

If you really set your pole-equator distance to 200k blocks (which is crazy high), you will have to walk south for at least a whole month straight before you see a noticeable climate difference. Are you sure you didn't mean 20k?

Not weird, no. You just have 200k blocks between 90° latitude and 0° latitude. Which is a very large distance. So you will have very slow, gradual climate changes. If you want to visit hot biomes like jungles, savannahs, or deserts, you'll better set aside half an ingame year just for travel. (Depending on the amount of sunlight you have and the terrain you encounter, you can expect to walk roughly between 3k and 5k blocks per ingame day.)

My singleplayer world has a 15k pole-equator distance. I walked south from spawn for three days straight until I hit a savannah. Your world is more than ten times this size.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.