Fatal Firepit Error

l33tmaan

I normally wouldn't post this since it's happening to my mod, but apparently this is a really nasty bug that should be brought to the developer's attention.

Here's the report:

Spoiler

16.4.2021 08:47:30 [Error] Error thrown trying to serialize block entity Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit at 500001, 3, 500000, will not save, sorry! Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.API.Datastructures.StringArrayAttribute.ToBytes(BinaryWriter stream)
   at Vintagestory.API.Datastructures.TreeAttribute.ToBytes(BinaryWriter stream)
   at Vintagestory.API.Datastructures.TreeAttribute.Clone()
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack.GetEmptyClone()
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.SlotsToTreeAttributes(ItemSlot[] slots, ITreeAttribute tree)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityContainer.ToTreeAttributes(ITreeAttribute tree)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.ToTreeAttributes(ITreeAttribute tree)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerChunk.BeforeSerialization()

So I got the latest exper.dll file from @jakecool19 which caused food made by my cooking pot to not cook - they'd just stay cold. This is with the unsafe files. 
I can't work with a bug like that, so I reverted back to the safe files.

Here's where things get funky. 

I've gone back to the old files and changed nothing else. Now when I cook food made with the cooking pot - it crashes, giving me a rendering error due to the functions of the renderIngredientsByType uh... function. This is despite the fact that these files were working fine last night.

Okay, so maybe it's my fault. I revert back to Expanded Foods 1.3.0. No change.
I revert Vintage Story back to 1.14.7. No change.
I go into my AppData files and delete my VintagestoryData folder and make a fresh world. No change.
I delete Vintage Story from its main directory AND VintagestoryData so there's no trace of anything, then I reinstalled. No change.
I go into the Control Panel > Uninstall a Program and uninstall all of VS, then do a fresh install and use the safe files. Now it works. 

I've had trouble replicating this, but it was a hell of a problem to have. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.