Question about updating to 1.15

AngryOscar

Hello, I'm new to vintage story and have playing a world on 1.14. I have a two fold question. 

-If I update to the 1.15 pre will my 1.14 world work, am I missing out on new world Gen such as new trees and flowers?

-If I start a new world on 1.15 pre, will I be able to keep that once 1.15 full is released? 

Lastly, are any other world Gen things expected from 1.15 pre to full release? 

Thanks so much. This game is amazing and immersive!

Welcome to the forums :)

4 hours ago, AngryOscar said:

-If I update to the 1.15 pre will my 1.14 world work, am I missing out on new world Gen such as new trees and flowers?

Yes, your old world will work. Yes, you will miss out on new worldgen features in existing terrain. Those will only appear in terrain that has been generated after the update, so you will have to go somewhere you've never been before.

The first time you load an older world with a newer version of the game, you will need to remap some blocks. A popup will tell you about it. Read the popup carefully and follow the instructions.

Note that there's a chance for visible seams in the world where old terrain and new terrain meet. If not in the terrain itself, then in the way vegetation spawns on it. There is also a chance that an unstable prerelease might damage an existing world, for example through missing or wrong remaps. Make a backup of your old world first.

-If I start a new world on 1.15 pre, will I be able to keep that once 1.15 full is released? 

Yes, the world will work on future versions unless explicitly stated otherwise in the release notes.

Lastly, are any other world Gen things expected from 1.15 pre to full release? 

Unknown to all, perhaps even the dev team. 1.15 will be done "when it's done", and what features will be in at that point may yet to be determined.

Edited by Streetwind
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.