What is the maximum temperature for growing crops? (not their endurance)

animatiV

Hello. This is my first post on this forum and I'm just learning this game.

I would like to know what is the maximum temperature for growing crops?

What is in the game is shown the maximum temperature that the crop can survive, but not at which it grows at 100% speed. I planted a turnip that can stand up to 27 degrees. Currently, I have an ambient temperature of 22-24 degrees. The crop does not want to grow and will only yield 50% of the harvest.

Thank you in advance for help.

I am sorry for my language. English is not my main language.

Edited by animatiV

It depends on what crops you use: https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Farming#Table_of_Available_Crops (see two right most columns). Note that if you have a Green House, crops will be 5 degree hotter than the ambient temperature.

So long as the temperature is between 0 degrees or the crop's minimum growing temperature (whichever is highest) and the maximum temperature, the crop will grow. If in that range, I think the growth rate depends only on the plant and the soil conditions (nutrients and moisture).

Be aware that temperature will fluctuate throughout the day and so may go out of the desired range, which is probably what happened to your poor turnips as only yielding 50% is indicative of heat/cold damage.

• Like 1

Thank you for your response.

Could the temperature in the morning have exceeded 27 degrees? At 2 p.m. the maximum temperature was 25 degrees and turnip already had indication of a smaller harvest. I think there is a possibility that the temperature reached 27 degrees at noon, but I didn't notice it. What a bad luck: /

Yeah, this is actually rather common, the temperature changes pretty often during the day but its often at its hottest past noon, its not that much luck based though, with how long most plants tend to grow if they get cold or heat damaged one day the same would probably have happened to them if you planted them a couple days later, turnips aren't a good summer vegetable to grow generally (and you start the game close to summer) when it comes to efficient harvests, carrots and parsnips are both more heat resistant and less affected by heat damage

Note that if its 27 degrees turnips will get heat damaged, it just needs to reach it not exceed it; Also if they only get heat damaged for a little bit they will generally survive fine just with a reduced harvest; Since recently crops will die after getting exposed to heat or cold for 2 days, but they slowly recover when its back in their suitable range.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.