How to set up a LAN server to play with friends via Hamachi?

animatiV

Hello. I bought VS for my friend. We wanted to play together in local multiplayer.

I have set up port forwarding on my router (ASUS RT-AC1200G+) and in the windows firewall . Information in a black window:

https://imgur.com/pEbl7nN

so probably everything is ok .

When I give my friend my IP (from hamachi), he can connect to the server but has a lot of lags. He cannot see the picked up objects (he also can't see the broken blocks, but I can see) or how I am moving.

After a short time, it kicks it out of the server. 

Does my friend also need to have port forwarding set up?

I also tried to run the offline world/save and turn on the LAN option in the menu, but my friend cannot connect this way.

I have no idea what to do next.

PS: Minecraft via hamachi worked ok.

Sorry for my english.

Edited by animatiV

Nothing new, I have already seen / read it all. I was hoping there was another solution.

So it turns out that I lost my money?

I hope that the developer will finally find a solution so that we can play with friends in an easy and free way over the Internet.

Edited by animatiV

The game is not designed to run over a virtual LAN. It is designed for servers, and there are many options available for running servers, including running one for free on your own computer if it's powerful enough and you have a strong internet connection. If you purchased the game expecting it to do something it was not designed to do, and then it wasn't able to do that, that's not really the fault of the game or its developers. If Hamachi isn't working the way you want, you need to look into Hamachi support, not angrily complain that the game doesn't magically work with a third-party program. This game is made by a 2-person team and demanding that they drop everything they're working on to add functionality just because you want it isn't going to get you anywhere. If you're unsatisfied and no longer want the game, the devs are usually willing to give refunds if you contact them.

On 8/21/2021 at 4:49 PM, animatiV said:

When I give my friend my IP (from hamachi), he can connect to the server but has a lot of lags. He cannot see the picked up objects (he also can't see the broken blocks, but I can see) or how I am moving.

After a short time, it kicks it out of the server. 

To be honest, this sounds like latency issues. Without any further details we can just guess what possibly could be wrong. According to this comment, playing VS over Hamachi is possible. Maybe you can get better help over there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.