Running Water Doesn't Provide Moisture?

Travis Pluid

Because that's how it seems like to me. And I only just noticed after building my first farm around a waterfall and making a nice channel for it to run down into a pond. Is this actually intended, or is this a bug from me using mods? If this IS intended, I really, really hope that is either changed, or someone makes a mod so that just because water is flowing, doesn't mean it isn't wet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Irrigation is just generally slow to update in VS. I've had farmland sitting right next to a water sourceblock going from 100% moisture all the way down to 50% before suddenly jumping back up. Sometimes it feels like it can take more than an ingame day before irrigation does something.

Weird. I wonder if it would be possible to speed up the farmland ticking and checking how close it is to water. Like, every time the moisture level would tick down, first check to see if within 3 tiles of water.

Edited by Travis Pluid

On 9/4/2021 at 3:14 AM, Streetwind said:

Irrigation is just generally slow to update in VS. I've had farmland sitting right next to a water sourceblock going from 100% moisture all the way down to 50% before suddenly jumping back up. Sometimes it feels like it can take more than an ingame day before irrigation does something.

I can't seem to figure out any rhyme or reason to irrigation. Granted, I haven't done much actual testing. Still, my greenhouses are 7x7 with water in the center tile and it's always sporadic how much moisture each tile has. Generally the farther away the less it's watered, but blocks that are equidistance never seem to have the same values. Crops that are outdoors and being rained on never seem to get above 80% moisture levels. And man, do crops drain the moisture level fast! I have to regularly water all of my plants like twice a day just to make sure it's at a decent level.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.