Need a bit of help with my first mod.

Ivan Stamenov

I am trying to create a block behaviour which will allow some blocks (e.g. chutes) to be rotated when right-clicked with empty hand.

The problem is that method BlockBehavior.Initialize(JsonObject properties) no longer takes JsonObject as parameter (as stated by Tyron here). It is also not taking a string parameter, because the reworked code

class BlockBehaviorRotatableByHand : BlockBehavior
{
	protected bool VFlipApplicable = false;

public override void Initialize(string propertiesAtString)
	{
		base.Initialize(properties);
		//VFlipApplicable = properties["VFlipApplicable"].AsBool(false);
		VFlipApplicable = true;
	}
}

throws "[Error] [rotatablebyhand]     src\rotatablebyhand.cs(110): 'RotatableByHandMod.BlockBehaviorRotatableByHand.Initialize(string)': no suitable method found to override [CS0115]".

All the sample code in the wiki and the code available in GitHub still use the JsonObject thingy (e.g. "BehaviorFiniteSpreadingLiquid").

As I passionately hate and despise microsoft, I really don't want to install VS (damn, I mean VertigoStudio, not Vintage Story).

Can a good soul help me by telling me what is/are the current parameters method BlockBehavior.Initialize() takes and, possibly, how can I extract the individual parameters there?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.