Introduction and statement of interest.

bbushh

Hello there.

I am a long time Minecraft and Terrafirmacraft player who recently found your mod Vintagecraft and it piqued my interest. I thank you for the opportunity to comment on your new project.

Minecraft has been the best gaming experience of my life but it is amazing how little it has progressed since it's inception...this is also true of most mods that don't address the essential limitations of the game and fail to exploit its greatest possibilities. There is much to say but I would like to take time to marshal my thoughts and if practicable would prefer to communicate through skype or teamspeak if practicable...this could be well in the future. 

I hope this has not come on too strong but I am keen to see Minecraft done correctly and I think your approach may well bear fruit.

Cheerio

Hey, I have pretty much the same opinion about Minecraft. There is so much unused potential in every aspect of the game, yet they add stuff that feels completely irrelevant to me as a player. It's the reason why I started Vintagecraft in the first place. And now we will competely free ourselfs from the Mojang shackles and do the game we always wanted! ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

o i c. I would much rather say Vintagestory looks like Minecraft than Eco. The player will have no enviromental impact on the world or be limited to a small round planet. Instead I want much more focus on terrain exploration and redstone-style mechanics.

[Edit:] I don't really want to re-invent the wheel here. Those aspects in which Minecraft stopped progressing are the ones I want to push further.

Archived