Finally able to play the game!

FlyingCatPhillips

So, did anyone else have to spend time, not in the game, to simply learn the game?

I have spent a bit of time learning about the game. I can finally play the game! I guess I was very unlucky, because I spawned by a wolf spawning area. After some cool down time, and finding my login info, I started learning the game. I watched a few, limited youtubers, for some more ideas on how to play the game. But seriously Vintage Story is way difficult and thankfully I found in world creation how to make creatures passive and weaker. Yet, I was almost killed by a boar who came into my home... wow, bad luck notwithstanding, I am finally making progress. 

For me it was a little different. I discovered this game mainly by paulsoaresjr's Let's Plays on youtube. So when i joined, (about cotober 2020) i already know what to expect. Also knew how to deal with most of the threats as i have seen youtubers dealing with them. And i was so happy i discovered this game! :)

This is amazing game. Although it lacks some tutorial on main survival aspects of the game, i must say it wouldn't be so fun for me if i would knew everything at that time. So it's hard to say how it would be better. I would'n want to change my experience on learning this game, but i know people who can't get to like this game simply because for them this game looks like constant threats from environment without any goal they could understand. This is a thing for sandbox games..whether you like it, whether you won't. Although tutorial for this game could be handy, no tutorial will change that i think at the end of the day.

Also. making game easier would improve start for many, but i know for sure i wouldn't still be playing it so much if i wouldn't still feel in danger while exploring deep caves even though  i seem to be experienced player in this game already. :D

To be honest i think if you pick wildness survival and or survival or explore might be wrong presets because of the way customize settings were added and added as time went by(which is totally fine). I'd sit down with the community and either you play survival or creative. sub option to survival with wildness + modulated by cake,easy,medium, difficult, hardcore

5 hours ago, FlyingCatPhillips said:

So, did anyone else have to spend time, not in the game, to simply learn the game?

I have spent a bit of time learning about the game. I can finally play the game! I guess I was very unlucky, because I spawned by a wolf spawning area. After some cool down time, and finding my login info, I started learning the game. I watched a few, limited youtubers, for some more ideas on how to play the game. But seriously Vintage Story is way difficult and thankfully I found in world creation how to make creatures passive and weaker. Yet, I was almost killed by a boar who came into my home... wow, bad luck notwithstanding, I am finally making progress. 

Yea i've got perhaps 1500 hours in this game (dont know cause MP online game isnt counted lol) and id say my first 100 hours in game were with a good 50 hours of watching videos and wiki lol and at the time i can say that we have a VERY VERY good wiki and videos vs what was available back then.

• Like 3

Yeah, the community, wiki and youtubers have been very helpful. I just have never had a game that you needed this much work to play before. Now that I am making progress and am able to play it, it's so much fun! Learning the game is well worth it, I would have just liked a small note and maybe a pause menu to read the in-game handbook in single-player. But all nit picking aside, I can still say that I am learning the game. I don't know half of the terms that the community uses but I think if I play Vintage Story a bit more than I will get there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.