How do I properly reuse world seeds?

Never Jhonsen

I wanted to recreate my world from scratch, using the same seed (I made the world somewhere between 1.15.6 and 1.15.8, currently on 1.16.3), but every time I make a new world through the "Make a new world with this seed" option in the settings menu, I get a different world generation. I've tried it three times and gotten three different world generations, all of which don't match the old world

How would I go about getting a fresh new world that's the same as what I once had? I remember when I made the world I typed a phrase in, but I can't remember the phrase

6 minutes ago, Laskuna said:

Need have same world size, and maybe some other settings like a climate. 

The only settings that are different between the old world and the one I’m trying to make is that I extended the days to 30/month; the three worlds I made to try and recreate the old world that were different from each other, all had the same settings.

The only two reasons I’m wanting to make a new world is that A; 1.16 made the area where my house is a constant rift drain, meaning I can’t stay home for too long otherwise I enter the Rust World and B; I didn’t know the setting for longer months existed when I first made the world.

i have some time, can try recreate my world, work in past and get almost same exept traders, translocators targets, and some ruins. Maybe on new patches results is different. If yes maybe you can dowload old  client version to create wold and then update them. 

I check and repy later.

On 2/17/2022 at 1:41 AM, Never Jhonsen said:

How would I go about getting a fresh new world that's the same as what I once had? I remember when I made the world I typed a phrase in, but I can't remember the phrase

I've been playing a seed from a youtuber. Playstyle, and realistic vs patchy climate, have made a big difference in whether I get the correct map or not. There are probably other settings that affect it too, but it sounds like we are both accepting defaults for most things.

Aside from that, there have been some builds that change the starting world. One of those occurred in the late 1.15 series. It wasn't a huge difference (for me), mostly a trader moving position and a change in the ruins (and lots more brush and tall grass).

Having said that, I believe there is also a way to copy your building to a new save, but I am not familiar with how that is done and have only seen someone mention it in discord.

On 2/17/2022 at 5:40 PM, Never Jhonsen said:

The only two reasons I’m wanting to make a new world is that A; 1.16 made the area where my house is a constant rift drain, meaning I can’t stay home for too long otherwise I enter the Rust World and B; I didn’t know the setting for longer months existed when I first made the world.

I believe the constant rift thing was fixed in a recent build.

There should be a command that can be entered for longer months (check wiki or ask in Discord). So maybe you can salvage your old game.

I thought about just using a command to make the months longer, but I'm already 5 years in at 9 days a month and it would feel weird to me if I just. .. changed the month length mid-world. I'd rather just start new, rebuild my home better and have a fresh start. The only reason I wanted to reuse my seed is because I found the perfect place to make a home; a large, flat area that's both dry and cold, overlooking an overgrown cliff that leads to a forest. I have yet to find a better home spot in any world since, and I very enjoyed living there.

I still haven't been able to get the seed to work. I've tried remaking it on both 1.15.6, 1.15.7, and 1.15.8, with the only changed setting being the 9d/m changed to 30d/m. Would that affect how the world generates? I fail to see how. Unless generating a world through a custom text (Like I mentioned earlier) that's longer than what the numerical world seed is messes things up. I still can't fully remember what phrase I used

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.