Crops in greenhouses should not be effected by wind

Khornet

• Khornet changed the title to Crops in greenhouses should not be effected by wind

I do not possess a brain that can code, nor get how to do this. Is there a way someone could see and alter temperature or environment indoors be it greenhouse or pantry room?

Daydreaming about it.

Like a working pantry room could be turned into small frozen cave thus becoming a walk in freezer with food time freeze/flash freezing shelf, insulated door and coat to go inside because the temperature is below 0.

Indoor spaces be it bathroom aka panning room could be warm like a jacuzzi. Trying right now how to build a old fashion clawfoot tub with fire underneath for panning if nothing else for rpg purposes.

Greenhouse could have special misting and temperature controls based on plant or fruit tree.

12 hours ago, DX65 said:

I do not possess a brain that can code, nor get how to do this. Is there a way someone could see and alter temperature or environment indoors be it greenhouse or pantry room?

I, too, lack a brain of coding capacity, but since there's a special flag for greenhoused crops I thought this would be relatively simple? Like a matter of "if greenhouse tag on then wind effects off"? 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 4:16 PM, Jacob Kos said:

I, too, lack a brain of coding capacity, but since there's a special flag for greenhoused crops I thought this would be relatively simple? Like a matter of "if greenhouse tag on then wind effects off"? 

I definitely relate to that.

But I am messing around not in hard core, has to be hard way with this game and I found few glitches that puzzled me. Like pie, I keep getting messages cannot be placed.

And then there is this one with jam and porridge. I will post a example, btw I have lost lots of honey this way. If I had been doing this with endless hours in survival gather honey I would most likely rage quit.

Tell me what you think of this? For me fire is on and burning but its cold. No recipe is being recognized. I would be furious if I spent endless days gathering pineapples in some unknown location to grow more of them only to  lose them because they can't be cooked or made into jelly. Alpha, beta or whatever. BTW the grain recipe it shows in handbook I tried it, the other attempt was putting 4 in first 2 categories. Once I relog items will most like be lost.

Edited by DX65
words are hard

4 hours ago, DX65 said:

Tell me what you think of this? For me fire is on and burning but its cold. No recipe is being recognized.

No recipe is being recognized because you are doing it wrong. :P

The handbook description for jam, admittedly, only says "2 fruit", and doesn't say "First 2 slots must be fruit" like the other recipe entries. That's a valid criticism - but, given that every other recipe works that way, you could have at least tried it.

Or maybe you did try it? Not sure. But your recipe would still not have worked, because your honey amount is also wrong, and you can't blame the handbook for that. It clearly says "0.2L" portions". You have put in 80mL portions, which is equal to 0.08L.

For your jam recipe to work, the first slot needs to be a pineapple slice. The second slot needs to be a pineapple slice. The third slot needs to be 0.2L of honey. The fourth slot needs to be 0.2L of honey. In order to make multiple servings, you need to increase all four slots equally.

For your porridge recipe to work and yield four servings, the first slot needs to be 4 grain (you have it correct), and the second slot needs to be 4 grain (also correct). Then one of the two remaining slots must be 4 pineapple slices (also correct), and the last slot must be 4x 0.2L = 0.8L worth of honey. You gave it 0.08L, which is wrong, so the recipe will not be recognized.

I'm a bit baffled how you even got honey portions smaller than 0.1L into the pot. In vanilla survival gameplay, the smallest portion you can pour in is 0.1L, by using a bowl. You're spawning the honey in from the creative menu, right? Maybe that allows you to use smaller portions? Not sure, I never tried.

Actually I have literally no to few controls over the bowls when I spawn them in but I realize some bowls get up to 11 liters in them if I reclick and collect but I have done it every which way and I still can't figure out jam. I did figure out how to get fruit in porridge now. I am just tired of starving as I am spending tons of time chiseling so I started  trying to under food mechanism by spawning in various ingredients to make food.

I figure maybe pineapples in VS aren't meant to have recipe in crockpot after many failed attempts. I am just messing with game mechanics in whatever way I can in both modes. One thing I learned is how lose a whole lot of ingredients. Like barrels of honey seal don't open and breaking them makes the honey vanish.

Maybe I am clueless but I have done exactly what can with whatever abilities my newbie fingers and brain can to make jam and have utterly failed. If I grew these fruits and explored the world to find them in only survival to totally lose items in a glitch personally I would be pissed.

Edited by DX65

I wonder if wind blowing mechanism is more about something similar I see in modded Minecraft all the time but never understood it that is related more to do with texture appearance. I got no clue how it works though. It doesn't make sense that something would move indoors though.

I do wish I knew example the code to give crates or barrels not to lose contents if broken or other key recipe functions to work like the handbook or wiki says they would all the time.

Edited by DX65

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, Jacob Kos said:

Simply turn off the wind effects if a crop (or tree leaves) have the "in greenhouse" tag. It makes absolutely no sense for them to wave around in what is basically a closed environment.

Yes, please.

I came immediately looking to see if this Suggestion had already been made, after entering my greenhouse and seeing the crops blowing around as if they were in a gale.

At worst, there should be a vastly scaled impact. So if it is blowing an absolute gale outside, then maaaaaaybe there could be a residual small movement inside.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.