more random questions

Alessandro De Col

-i accidentally puta  dummy in the wrong palce and i cant get him off. i've tryed different tools but  they didnt seems to work

-what i can i use the rope for ? i tryed to use it to clim/descend and so on, i cant jusp put it on anythging

- i just discover the advance cooking and i'm diving into it! but i cant make porridge. just that, i can make everything else BUT porrdige. the recipe has been chaanged?

- if i stop feed my chickens..what would happen? (it start easy but now they are a lot more and eat like crazy!)

- The dummy will die eventually if you hit it enough times.  Obviously faster if you hit it with an actual weapon.   I forget if Tyron made another way to remove them?  Shift-right or left?  Otherwise your option is to break the blocks under them - they will fall.  You can bury them deep beneath the earth where their evil can fester, leaving them for your descendants to deal with.

- Rope is useless in vanilla

- Feeding only makes the female chickens have baby chicks.   If you don't feed them, they'll live fine, and still lay eggs.  They just won't have babies.

yep shif clik (left or righ i dont remember now) on the base worked just fine!

-about the porridge?

-i was just wondering.. excep to make charcoal (witch i used a lot) and to make a fire pit what other use have the firewoods? a single piece of wood burn for like 96 sec at 800°. 4 pieces of firewood (made from a single piece of wood) burn at 94 sec (24 each) at 700°... so why i should use firewood to make fire? raw wood burn better and longer O_o

- Some wild crops i found around dont leave seeds when harvested, and it happen when they are at stage 1 or so ..but they WONT grow more (i waited) probably cause they spwan on the wrong soil.. can i watering them or something to make grow more and eventually get seeds from them?

- can't help on the porridge without knowing more details.  What configurations did you try?

- On firewood, different types of logs have different burn times.  Hardwoods like oak and maple, you're correct, the log burns longer than the firewood, so as a fuel there's no reason to break it down...yet.   But soft wood, like pine or birch I believe, the log burn time is actually lower than the sum of the firewoods.  So for those you get more time by breaking them down.   I'm hoping in the future nice cast iron cook stoves will only take firewood, for instance.  And honestly I think fueling a camp fire with logs should turn it into a bonfire, which cannot be cooked with.

- If the crop is not mature, you're not guaranteed a seed.  I assume the chance gets less the younger the stage, but idk for sure.  As for growing, wild crops are supposed to cycle.   So once they reach mature stage, they don't stay there forever.   They eventually revert to stage 1.  This I assume is meant to simulate natural reseeding.  So if you leave for awhile and come back and it's still young, it may have cycled all the way past it's mature stage.   If you check  it very often and it doesn't advance, idk.  Could be a bug for all I know.

The porridge recipe is the follow:

• 2 - 4 Grain
  • 0 - 2 Berries
  • 0 - 2 Vegetable, Pumpkin or Mushroom
  • 0 - 1 Hone

so i pick up my pot and put it in the firepit. than i add in the pot slots: 4 grain(think was rice) 2 berries(red) 2 vegetables(onions) and 1 honey. that it 

ALSO i've found a lot and i love it! (sionce is kind amy style) but i can do something with SO MANY BONES! (bony gravel and soil and so on) or is just for decoration?

You're putting 4 grain in one slot?  You have to have grain in the first two slots, pretty sure.  I've never looked at the cooking wiki.  If that's what it says, that's kind of confusing.   Those numbers are not indicating the stack limit per slot.  The stack limits per slot are 6 in all all cases, for the clay cook pot.    When it says 2-4, it means 2 to 4 *slots* of grain.  So minimum of two slots must be grain, maximum of all four slots.  0-2 means you can have no slots of it, or up to 2.  You can only have up to 3 separate ingredients for porridge, since 2 must be grain.  Although, I'm not sure if those can be different grain or not?  But you cannot have grain, vegetable, berry, and honey ALL in one porridge.  At least one will have to be left out.

Bony soil has no use currently.

Archived