Tatsu's collection of little game improvement ideas

Tatazaki

So as I've been working on documentation, I've been getting ideas.  I'm gonna share them here, starting with the Hopper.

The Hoppers

The hopper is a relatively simple device that comes in either a chute or a slide configuration. 

The chute configuration simply drops items from an inventory above to the inventory below.

The slide configuration pushes the items to one of the four sides of the hopper depending on side the chute is facing.

The Whetstone

The whetstone is an item that will either take half a slab of stone or two slabs of stone.  It creates a way to repair metal tools.  However, the way it repairs is by re-sharpening the blade and removing material.  The tool will last a considerable amount of time, and the damage on the tool is transferred to the whetstone.  Repairing the tool is done by holding the tool to repair in your main hand and the whetstone in the off hand then holding right click until either the whetstone breaks or the tool is fixed.  Later on this could get an extended durability bar for the tool's actual health and that goes down faster as you use a tool that has lost it's edge. (eg: the pickaxe, saw, axe, or sword)

Tool Remains

speaking of broken tools, there could be a point where your tool actually breaks and as a result you get what's left over.  You can melt them back down into 1/4th the metal material used to make the tool (except stone obviously) or maybe use them as decoration. 

Archived