Same error, new run, hopes dashed.

FizzyB
Go to solution Solved by Streetwind,

Sorry in advance for a duplicate thread, but I really love this game and just lost another 20+ hours of progress to the same error again, and really am considering not playing again for a couple of versions. eventually, I get in error in my logs that rapidly and infinitely repeats and crashes the singleplayer server, making the world unplayable as nothing responds. even if you save and quit you ge the same error about spammed infinitely. here is the log;

24.4.2022 23:21:58 [Event] Saved player world data...
24.4.2022 23:21:58 [Event] Saved map regions...
24.4.2022 23:21:58 [Event] Saved map chunks...
24.4.2022 23:21:58 [Event] World saved! Saved 0 chunks, 0 mapchunks, 5 mapregions.
24.4.2022 23:21:58 [Event] Offthread save of savegame done.
24.4.2022 23:21:58 [Event] Offthread save of 1 chunks done.
24.4.2022 23:21:58 [Event] Offthread save of 0 map chunks done.
24.4.2022 23:22:24 [Event] FizzyB 127.0.0.1 joins.
24.4.2022 23:22:25 [Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorEmotionStates.OnEntityReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single& damage)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLava.OnEntityInside(IWorldAccessor world, Entity entity, BlockPos pos)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.DisplaceWithBlockCollision(EntityPos pos, EntityControls controls, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.TickEntityPhysics(EntityPos pos, EntityControls controls, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.TickEntityPhysicsPre(Entity entity, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.onPhysicsTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

Please if anyone knows what mod may be causing this, or what is causing this error or even where to start troubleshooting I would greatly appreciate it.

• Solution

Which version of the game are you running on? That's always one of the most important pieces of info you can include.

Additionally, state if there were mods present, and if so, which ones. Does the error still appear if you remove them before loading into the world? Has there been a specific subset of mods that has always been present whenever you got this error?

Also, did you try loading the world in Repair Mode? (It's a box you can check inside the saved world's details.)

8 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Which version of the game are you running on? That's always one of the most important pieces of info you can include.

Additionally, state if there were mods present, and if so, which ones. Does the error still appear if you remove them before loading into the world? Has there been a specific subset of mods that has always been present whenever you got this error?

Also, did you try loading the world in Repair Mode? (It's a box you can check inside the saved world's details.)

So while im still not sure what caused the error, unloading all the mods, entering repair mode (Which i was not aware existed) and slowly re-adding the mods resolved the error. i have a sneaking suspicion it was caused by something falling in lava and the game not being able to handle it, although im just guessing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.